Auto Glass Technician
AUTO GLASS TECHNICIAN:
Chip's Auto Glass is recruiting for an AGRSS Certified Glass Technician to utilize Chip's Auto Glass’ & Auto Safety Council’s industry leading technology to skillfully complete vehicle glass repairs and replacements. They must be skilled in both cold knife & fiber wire removal, along with outstanding customer service by completing jobs with only the highest quality standard in mind. This is a mobile Glass Technician position, and therefore will work both in shop and mobile going to customer locations. Must be able to work on your own and as a team.
- Professionally install vehicle glass by using both Cold Knife, Extractors & Fiber Line following all AGRSS & DOW Fitting and adhesive processes.
- Deliver all Chip's Auto Glass services without assistance at Shop or Mobile Shop in the most efficient and timely manner focusing primarily on safety, quality, and exceptional customer service.
- Deliver work orders, customer administration and customer communication through the Chip's Auto Glass process and systems.
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations throughout the workday.
- Mentor, train, and assist other Technicians on a daily basis.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all scheduled customers using various forms of technology, including but not limited to in-person, texting or phone call conversations.
- Ability to perform dynamic recalibrate Advanced Driver Assistance Systems utilizing Autel Scan Tools and processes.
- Professionally install power window regulators and replace side and back window glass.
- Have an advanced mechanical aptitude with the ability to demonstrate and share extensive knowledge of the Auto Safety Council (AGRSS) Fitment process
- Ability to adjust to changes in schedule and work diligently and effectively with Customer Advocates and Dispatch to ensure customers are assisted in a timely manner.
- Ability to cut flat glass and install as needed.
- Provide customers with status updates for each repair or replacement scheduled.
- Begin each day successfully by adhering to our daily Check-In/Check-Out process.
- Present, promote and sell Chip's Auto Glass promotional items to customers.
- Report any unexpected damage, accidents, injuries, or incomplete jobs to Glass Service Manager.
- Undertake any other duties given to you by Glass Service Manager
Education and Work Experience:
- AGRSS Certified or require to become certified within 6 months
- Have 3+ years of equivalent experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Consistently exceed productivity (five installs per days) & quality standards
- Follow Chip's Auto Glass policies and procedures on every job
- Fulfill all physical requirement of the job, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. for short periods multiple times a day
- Maintain adequate range of motion in upper extremities (shoulder, arm, elbow)
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Remain on your feet for extended periods of time
- The ability to operate a commercial vehicle safely and courteously, adhering to all Company policies and procedures relating to safety. This includes obeying all traffic laws and regulations and maintaining a valid driver's license with a driving record that falls within the Company requirements
- Follow Chip's Auto Glass policy on Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to safety glasses, uniform, approved footwear & nitrile gloves while working.
- Safely handle sharp tools and razor blades while working with and around hazardous chemicals
- Ability to remain flexible with hours and days trained/worked as workload fluctuates due to frequent changes in customer and business demands.
- Work, collaborate effectively and assist other Technicians and leadership on a daily basis
- Working outdoors in the both cold and hot weather
- Maintain a professional appearance as well as maintenance and cleanliness requirements on Company vehicles
- Exhibit self-motivation with organizational and time-management abilities
- Complete all assigned training and certifications within the allotted timeframe
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work Saturdays